Day Of The Dead Art & Whimsical Paintings

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weekly Featured Artist ~ The Far Stairs



My name is Jesse Livingston. I'm a graduate of the Eastern Michigan University School of Fine Art. My focus in school was printmaking. I'm a songwriter and musician in the bands Hindershot and the Far Stairs. I just sold my first short story, which I'm really excited about; it will be featured on the podcast Pseudopod during the first week of November. I also write music and movie reviews for Richard and Danny Elfman's website Buzzine.com and do some graphic design and website building on a freelance basis.

I'm a big fan of horror stories, especially in the Lovecraftian tradition. For anyone who isn't familiar with the work of H.P. Lovecraft, I highly recommend the H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast. I'm also fascinated by science and nature, especially all the many varieties of animals that inhabit our planet. These two interests tend to combine when I'm working on a drawing or a story.

My biggest success so far has probably been selling a story to Pseudopod (which is the world's largest market for horror fiction), but I'm also very proud of the music I've made. Hindershot recently had a song featured on Delta Airlines in-flight radio, as well as doing a very successful West Coast tour.

So far, all the items in my shop are lithographs, but my favorite one is probably "Mouth Parts," because I think it has good contrast and use of lighting effects. Plus, the idea of a giant insect is just way cool.

my design work:
sidereal.carbonmade.com
more of my drawings: relicsofthelukewarmwar.tumblr.com
my music: www.reconstructionrecords.com and www.hindershot.com
my reviews: www.buzzine.com
Pseudopod: pseudopod.org
The H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast:
hppodcraft.com

Jesse will knock $50 off the price of any of her prints for anyone who finds her store through my blog: bearycreativeart.blogspot.com


 


No comments:

Post a Comment