Day Of The Dead Art & Whimsical Paintings

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wda Team Featured Artist: Robyn Of "ForeverFall" On Etsy




Shop Opened: April 22, 2009

Artist Bio


One day when I was in preschool, my class watched the Wizard of Oz. Toward the end of the movie, my father came to collect me from school. As we were walking out to the car, he asked me who my favorite character was from the Wizard of Oz. Of course, I said "Dorothy". He then replied "Really? I always liked the Wicked Witch the best." From that day forward, the Wicked Witch was my favorite character too.

I am inspired by so many things! Halloween, ghost stories, books. But I think above all, I am inspired by other artists. I enjoy collecting strange and spooky items made by others which I display all around me in my art room. When I look at these things, I think "Wow. Someone plucked this beautiful idea out of their mind and made it tangible." This thought inspires me deeply.

I think my biggest success as an artist is every time I have a sale. It's not because of the money, but rather the thought that someone out there fell in love with something that I made enough to want it in their home. That is such a remarkable feeling.

I'd have to say that every creation I put in my shop is a favorite. I say this because each character or creation that I add to my shop has it's own uniqueness and is made with a piece of my heart and mind. They all came from ideas that were too irresistable not to make them a reality.



Items From Robyn's Shop




Item I've Personally Purchased From Robyn & Love





No comments:

Post a Comment