Day Of The Dead Art & Whimsical Paintings

Monday, August 1, 2011

8/1/11 Featured Wda Team Artist: CREEPYSTUFF aka ~Nan~








Artist: Nan

Shop Opened on Etsy: May 28, 2010

Artist Bio:

Hi there, I'm NAN. I've been making stuff since I can remember. I've always been drawn to the darker side; from classic horror movies to artists like James Ensor to Joe Coleman. Halloween has always reigned supreme over Christmas! I love old punk music , I lived in a haunted house, I'm a mom, a rebel living in the suburbs. I have too many cats & 2 dogs (one with no eyes!)
I started out studying art in college, then art history, anthropology, sociology...so I use a lot of this information/inspiration. I've lived in several states-from New Mexico to Florida & for the past few years find myself (uncomfortably) in the conservative Midwest.

I quit my job about a year & a half ago & am trying to scrape by selling my CREEPYSTUFF...so if you have a few spare dollars, maybe you'll find something you just can't live without! I LOVE making things; I obsess over them! I can get so involved in a project that I forget to eat! I HAVE to have something to work on every day! Everything I make has a high degree of humor embedded in it...even my bloody zombies have a twisted cuteness to them!

My biggest "artistic success"...hmmm, it is a toss up between having my stuff in galleries in Florida & it selling well or earning enough $$ selling art to pay my bills (mostly!) on time! Thanks for checking out CREEPYSTUFF! NAN

Nan's Favorite's from her Shop:








No comments:

Post a Comment